As long as quarantine requirements for UK arrivals remain in place, Bright World will continue to offer quarantine in specially selected host families around the UK. All of our quarantine host families have passed a risk assessment to ensure that they have the correct facilities and are willing to step in and take care of our students in case of illness.
All Bright World host families who are offering quarantine are fully versed in the Test to Release scheme and the Travel tests that are currently required for all arrivals. They will assist students to take their tests and post them off to make quarantine times as short as possible.
1. The student should be the only student being hosted for the quarantine period unless the house is of sufficient size to achieve full isolation from other students.
2. The student will have their own room and own bathroom, either ensuite or one for their exclusive use. The room will be well ventilated and have a window that opens.
3. The student should, if possible, be given their meals delivered to their room or given a space away from other members of the family to eat.
4. The student should not leave the house for the duration of the quarantine. They are not free to roam around the house and should remain in their room at all times unless they are going to the garden or an outside space.
5. The student should be given access to the garden.
6. Whilst walking through the house to get to the garden, the student should remain socially distanced (at least 2m apart) from all members of the household. They should preferably wear a mask whilst not outside and not in their room.
7. The student should not socialise with other members of the family indoors but may speak to them while outside and maintaining social distancing.
8. A reasonable amount of laundry should be done or a washing machine made available for the student.
9. The student should be given cleaning and disinfectant to use in their bathroom and should be encouraged to clean it regularly after use.
10. The student will be provided with antibacterial soap and will be encouraged to wash their hands regularly.
11. The host family will assist the student with taking and posting off tests and will liaise with Bright World on progress.
Travel Locator Form
All students should complete a Travel Locator Form prior to departure indicating where they will be quarantining and confirming the booking of their tests. Here is a link to the Travel Locator Form.
You need to take a test no more than 72 hours before you travel to the UK. Here is the guidance on this.
Arrivals from Amber countries are required to quarantine for 10 days or use the Test to Release Scheme. Travellers from Amber countries who are fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme are not required to undergo quarantine, whilst Green country arrivals can also avoid quarantine. Please read on for the Red list quarantine rules.
Travel Test Package (ALL students)
Arrivals from amber and red countries must also book and pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID-19 tests to be taken on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of their quarantine. Arrivals from Green-listed countries must also book their travel test package but will only be required to complete a test on day 2 after their arrival - as will those arriving from amber countries who are fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme. Depending on which provider you select, these tests will cost anywhere between £27-£400.
The Travel Test package will be sent by post to the address of where your child is staying for their quarantine period. The Bright World team can assist with the taking of these tests - book your Travel Test Package.
Test to Release Scheme
Bright World can also assist with Test To Release - allowing our students to leave quarantine early. Find out more about the scheme and how we can help.
Red List Countries
As of 15 February, travellers who have been in or through any country on the travel ban red list in the previous 10 days, will be refused entry to the UK. Pupils with the right to reside in the UK who are returning to the UK from a 'red list' country can avoid quarantine in a Government hotel and are eligible for quarantine at their UK Boarding School. During travel, students must carry with them; a copy of the letter from the Department for Education to the school confirming that boarding school students are covered by an exception. They must also carry a letter from their school addressed to them which confirms that the school is able to meet requirements set out in the above DfE letter.
Bright World cannot offer quarantine for any students coming from red list countries.
£60 per night
Single ensuite bedroom or own bathroom
Full board - three meals
use of garden
Wi-Fi available throughout the house
Assistance with Covid-19 early release test and test to travel testing
return transfers to and from the host family
Quarantine host families are only available to students who are registered on the Bright World Guardianship Programme. If you would like to enrol then please get in touch using the enquiry form here. If you are already a member of Bright World Guardianships then simply get in touch with your Guardianship Care Manager and they will assist you with all arrangements.
The rules, quarantine and testing